The student dress code at Harvard Elementary consists of a white shirt/or school polo with navy blue/khaki skirt, shorts or pants.
Students in uniform feel better about themselves and take their work more seriously because there is a sense of unity. Uniforms eliminate the competition of designer labels and the latest fashion trends. For safety and modesty, the following guidelines also apply:
- Students must come to school neat and clean.
- Closed toed shoes must be worn, no heels or sandals.
- Socks must be worn at all times.
- Clothing known to represent gang affiliation is prohibited.
- Clothing which creates a disruption or is considered offensive is prohibited.
- Female students wearing skirts and playing on the apparatus must wear shorts under the skirt.
- Caps may be worn on the yard for sun protection, but cannot be worn backwards. Caps are not to be worn in the classroom or during assemblies.
- Short shorts, mini skirts, tank tops, midriff tops, and tops with spaghetti straps are prohibited. Straps must be no thinner than 2 inches in width.
- Makeup is not to be worn to school or brought to school.
- Artificial and acrylic nails are discouraged. If these types of nails are worn, they must be tastefully polished and of an appropriate length. Students failing to follow these guidelines will be asked to have the nails removed. These nails pose safety issues.
- Tattoos are not to be displayed at school. Tattoos need to be in an area that can be covered by a sleeve or a pant leg, etc.
- Hoop or dangling earrings and chains are prohibited at school because of safety concerns. Students will be asked to remove the earrings or other jewelry that may pose a risk.
- Heelys and Wheelies (shoes with rollers) are not permitted at school. Students will either be asked to remove the wheels or phone home for a replacement pair of shoes.
- T-shirts with inappropriate words, phrases or pictures are prohibited. Students will be required to change clothes or will be sent home.
Where Do I Get Uniforms?
la world embroidery
Is your child graduating from Harvard at the end of the year? Are you moving to a new school? Consider donating your child's used Harvard uniform and/or t-shirts. Uniform donations may be dropped off at the office.